SHURE STAR Resources
SHURE STAR offers unique design solutions for any type of project imaginable.
Use our Comparison Guide for detailed application considerations.
Download Literature pdfs.
View answers to frequently asked questions (FAQ).
Learn about our entire line of products and services.
SHURE STAR Door Comparison Guide
Our handy guide to help you compare and contrast application considerations for SHURE STAR doors.
Vertical Lift Doors
1 Leaf through 5 Leaf
• Advantages - counterweighted design allows for smaller operator, minimal moving parts, longevity, speed, low maintenance, security, operation under wind load
• Additional Considerations - overhead clearance required, more panels means more seals/seams, overhead operation via cables, 2-side supported panels, multi-variable footprint, manual operation available from only 1 side
• Good Applications - large openings, high cycles, minimal cycle time, low-mid level Blast Doors, Acoustic applications with minimum leafs, locations with ample headroom, minimal side room required, operate under wind load
Single, Double, and Multi-Panel
• Advantages - minimal headroom and side room requirements, egress, small sizes can ship in frame for easy install, can be 4-side supported against load, seals well, manual operation from both sides, easier to conceal, security
• Additional Considerations - operation under wind load, possible hardware complications, less tolerant installation, larger sizes more complicated, clear swing area requires space, hardware must resist loads, complicated power operation safety
• Good Applications - low headroom and side room, fire egress (low or non-blast), high seating blast doors, Ballistic resistant, Acoustic
Single, Double, and Multi-Panel
• Advantages - manual, electric, hydraulic, or pneumatic operation, easy release in case of emergency, minimal overhead clearance requirement, can be 4-side supported against load, easy to exterior mount, operation under wind load
• Additional Considerations - side clearance required, slower speed*, fewer cycles*, may require floor trough, manual release from only 1 side
• Good Applications - Acoustic, fusible link Fire Doors, Blast Doors – all levels, exterior mount, operate under wind load, Ballistic resistant
*small slide doors can be made/may be preferred for high cycle, high speed
4-Fold, Bi-Fold, and Multi-Fold
• Advantages - minimal headroom and side room required, quickly clears the opening, less clear swing area than normal swing doors, SHURE STAR design can operate 4-fold as independent dual 2-fold, SHURE STAR operator “true” manual release
• Additional Considerations - more panels means more seals/seams, power operation, safety, manual operation from 1-side, operation under wind load, requires additional support for high wind or blast
• Good Applications - areas with minimal head, side and swing area, quick access/egress, architectural appearance
SHURE STAR Thinks Outside of the Box.
Whether you need to make modifications or create something completely new, SHURE STAR has options designed to deliver.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q: I don't have fully developed architectural plans yet, can you still provide a quote?
A: Yes. All we need to start a quote is basic information - area available for the door opening, type of door and operation, and construction material. Additional information may be necessary depending upon application requirements. Contact us to start your quote.
Q: Does SHURE STAR offer control panels? I need to operate a door from a different company - can SHURE STAR help?
A: Yes. We offer complete industrial and specialty controls for our products as well as products made by others. Read more here.
Q: I have a door that opens from the office to the warehouse. Does SHURE STAR offer safety systems to help secure the area?
A: Yes. SHURE STAR offers complete traffic caution systems that help protect pedestrians, forklifts, and intersections to add security your workplace, including doors that open directly to shop areas. Click here to learn more.
SHURE STAR Has It All - Doors, Controls, Safety Systems, and More!
From specialty controls and safety systems, to experienced and expert resources that help guide you to the perfect product for your application, look to SHURE STAR.
View our gallery of projects organized by configuration type, including variations of Vertical Lift, Swing, Slide, and Fold Doors.
Visit our gallery of successful projects organized by application, showcasing the range of available options.
We Offer Complete Design And Manufacturing For All Your Door Needs.
At SHURE STAR, we design and manufacture specialty doors specifically for your application. From the examples shown here on our website, to original concepts designed specifically to your needs, SHURE STAR remains unmatched in our custom design and fabrication for unusual applications and special requirements.
About SHURE STAR
Our extensive history in the door and control industry speaks volumes. Since 1918, our innovative solutions have produced major advances in door manufacturing. With our portfolio of impactful projects worldwide, SHURE STAR has the experience to take on your next project. Read more about SHURE STAR.
Need a replacement part for a SHURE STAR, Door-Man, or other door? SHURE STAR has you covered. In addition to parts for our doors, we can reverse engineer or re-design and manufacture obsolete, hard to find, and custom parts for doors made by others. Contact us today, we are ready to help!